So, I decided I need to have a checklist. Just in case I ran out of things to do and I can just look at my list and probably do something worthwhile. HAHAHA. Anyway, feel free to add/suggest something crazy and nice! 🙂 I started this in June 15 in my journal but just posted this online today. HAHA. 🙂
My Happiness Project 2.0 Checklist
- Visit a beautiful place with beautiful people I love
- Dress up at work on Mondays – Wednesdays
- Learn a new skill
- Climb a mountain and sleep there and gaze at the stars
- Choose friends who choose you no matter what the circumstances
- It’s okay to not be friends with some people anymore
- Let go. Though easier said than done, time heals everything. Train your mind to do so every day.
- Enjoy the sunrise and the sunset and took a photo of the two.
- Send birthday card greetings the traditional way!
- Try something scary
- Meet new people.
- Create stronger bonds with the existing relationships
- Be financially stable
- Practice emotional intelligence
- Pray harder. Work harder. Love harder. Be better.
These and more, after all, I was the one that got away. Might as well got away with all the happiness and fun! 🙂
Tikla J. Tickles
Welcome to my page!
Sino ka? Ikaw ba ang nang iwan or ikaw ang iniwan?
Someone once said na kaya tayo iniwan ng mga taong mahal natin kasi baka hindi tayo sumama. Kaya siguro may tinatawag tayong the one that got away. Siguro. Kasi tayo mismo ang umalis. Ang nagpaiwan.
So, when you hear the popular term ” the one that got away”, what comes in your mind? A lost love? A great love but was lost somewhere and sometime? When it’s called the one that got away does it always end in a sad note? So who left in the one that got away?
One day, I decided to walk away from toxic relationships as those are weighing me down. I decided I could no longer tolerate some shit and I realized that my time and effort are better off somewhere else. You know those days when you think and say to yourself, I’ve had enough. Well, I’ve been to those days and back. I could tell from experience that nakakabawas sya ng ganda. HAHAHA. Seriously, you need to love yourself enough to walk away from those people and relationships that no longer make you happy, no longer contribute to your growth and the like.
This is not a love blog, to begin with. This is a blog about the one that got away. Her journey from leaving behind the bittersweet memories of people she thought were her biggest allies to seeing the world differently after that decision to making the biggest decision you could ever do in your life. Let go.
No matter what you’re going through, life gives us a million reasons and ways to get away with all the negativity, the drama and the pain. It all starts and ends within ourselves.
So, join me in this journey full of smiles, goodbyes, fresh starts, happiness project and self discovery. After all, I was the one that got away. And I might need some company. 🙂
Tikla J. Tickles